Wednesday 25 July 2012

Wednesday...the final day before the F-Word.


Wednesday... the final day before 40.

After a good night's sleep, I made some arrangements for my final night's stop in Hallowell, Maine.  Maple Hill Farm Inn has been on my list of places to stay at for years, and it has just never worked out.  It's an award winning in, voted the best in New England, actually, so I think it's perfect for my final night and a little bit of luxury will be welcomed on my birthday.  I can't wait to stay in a place I don't have to park in front of.
I made my way towards Ikea in Stoughton, MA.  It's about 40 minutes away on a very faced paced free way.  I made a stop for a late breakfast at a truck stop Mcdonalds.  The best I could find at 1230 was a cinnamelt and an OJ.  Reminder: Wake up earlier.
$2.59 Ikea Meal

On my way, I stopped at the party store to pick up some birthday accessories for tomorrow.  I found this great birthday shirt inviting people to sign the back and a 40th birthday tiara.  I have the shirt half filled already.  I looked over the over-the-hill products and made a mental reminder to thank myself for going on this trip.  I would've rather to have slid down a slide made of razor blades than to have to endure a torturous party filled with such cruel pranky gifts.  Thank God I'm smart.
What??

I spent the next four hours filling my cart at Ikea, having a ridiculously cheap lunch and snack and sitting in amazingly decorated and organized rooms dreaming that this was my NYC studio apartment.  Isn't amazing what they can do with 300 square feet??  Did you know I had lunch for $2.59?  It consisted of a scoop of mashed potatoes, 5 meatballs, corn bread and a pop.  If we had an Ikea in Moncton, I wouldn't bother to buy groceries... we'd just go there every day for lunch.

My dream creative room
Before I knew it, it was alreay 5 o'clock and I still had an hour's drive to meet up wiht my new friends from Rhode Island for supper at Miss Mendon's Diner.  It was Boston rush hour and I was knee deep in some crazy traffic.  It all worked out well and I even had a bit of time to zip into Wallyworld to buy some window markers and shorts to match my birthday tshirt... and ofcourse... to play some pranks.

.... to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment