Monday 16 July 2012

First Stop: Clothing Optional

Richmond Sauna Bed & Breakfast
The first stop on my "Road Trip to Nowhere" is this CLOTHING OPTIONAL bed and breakfast in Maine.  Yes.  I know.  I have NEVER in my life heard of anything like this, ever... so of course I have to investigate.  It's not about the nudity... you all know what a prude/shy girl I am about that kind of stuff.... I won't even put on a bikini unless there's money involved... but this is definitely an adventurous thing to experience.  I am sure I will meet all sorts of interesting guests and have all sorts of crazy conversations with unique characters.  In short... I will probably feel right at home.  This is going to be the place to definitely "let my freak flag fly".  Oh gosh, I love doing that.  It's far too often in this world that we are too shy to be ourselves.  Naked or not. 

My 17 year old daughter, Avery, and I went to see the Katy Perry documentary yesterday at the movie theatre... 3D cupcake boobies and all.  I went in with reservations that this would be interesting only to a 13 year old Japanese girl, but left with a greater appreciation of owning our inner freak.  I'm 39... and it has taken me this long to really appreciate my own silliness.  I have several wigs in my drawers upstairs, love makeup like it's my own child, I almost never wear pants or shorts, love weirdos,  I hate parties, I love traveling by myself, drag queens and have an un-natural addiction to potato chips... this is ME.  I am a 13 year old Japanese girl trapped in a 39 year old's body.  And yes... "Hello Kitty" is cool. 


So screw it... you know?  It's about damn time I learned how to finally appreciate myself, weirdness and all and enjoy what I love in life... with no reservations, no concerns on how I maintain my image to others.  You know?  I saw a very smart post on facebook today and it's absolutely my truth as I see it.
  
"You either like me or you don't. It took me 39 years to learn how to love myself. I don't have that kind of time to convince somebody else..."


So... in short... I'm going to this clothing optional bed and breakfast.  I'm going to serve breakfast at the A1 Diner.  I'm going to have my own wedding dress fitting and see how many dresses I can try on before the sales girl loses it.  I am going to ride that mechanical bull.  I am going to make a "Hugs for Charity" t-shirt.  Life is too short not to enjoy it...and it's never long enough to care about what anyone else thinks of your weirdness.


PS:  How cold do you think those naked skiers are?

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for crucial information on this subject. The information was important as I am about to launch my own portal. Thanks for providing a missing link in my business.
    nudist bech resort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their is a liberating freedom that comes with being at a Clothing Optional Resort and what a great birthday idea. Thank you for writing this blog. www.iloveCaliente.com

    ReplyDelete