Thursday 26 July 2012

Wednesday, part deux.


Walmart is my playground.  I can literally amuse myself for hours in there.  I grabbed a cart and looked around for my first victim.  I honed in on a middle aged woman who left her cart in the middle of the aisle while she went into the cereal aisle to grab some items.  Silly woman.  I didn't have any time to get condoms yet so I grabbed some of my favourite chocolate, Ferroro Rocher, bulk size and leisurely tossed them in.  My heart was  pounding in my chest as I pulled around again and snapped a picture.  #38... check!  I was so proud of myself.



I was on a total high so I went to the health aisle and grabbed 3 packages of condoms.  My goal was to disperse them into unknowing customers carts while they were shopping at then get a picture of them.  One lady I had tailed forever and finally had the opportunity to throw them in.  I had to go back again and get a shot of them in her cart.  This was almost more difficult than popping them in there.  I had to pretend that I was on my phone and not actually stalking her.  By my 17th time "bumping" into her, I asked her if she knew where the shampoo aisle was and got my pictures.

I was excited.  I then changed targets and worked on an old lady with a cane.  I figure that would be a great one.   I followed her into the sock department, the jewellery department and halfway accross the store before I had a chance to get her unaware.  I could've stolen her purse about a dozen times.  I wish I had time to stay at the check out watching their reaction as they put their surprise items on the belt.  Sigh.
I stalked a man for what seemed to be years, but I was running out of time.  I haven't stalked a man like that since I first started dating.  Felt good to be back in the game.

I left my retail playground and drove about 10 minutes awy to meet my new friends Greg and Denise at the grogeous Miss Mendon Diner.  I took a booth in the middle of the car and put out their party hats and blower thingies.  I had changed into my birthday shirt and shorts and tiara in the van at the Walmart parking lot and I was excited to see them again.  We had such a fun time at the A1 Diner earlier this week.  They're such good sports and eagerly put on their party hats, signed my birthday shirt and checked out my list.  The waitresses signed my shirt and sang happy birthday to me and brought me birthday cake... with a candle.  Awww!!  I tell you, the kindness of strangers and the fun that his been brought out in people these past few days has been incredible.  Denise & Greg even bought me a delicious fried chicken dinner (best fries I've EVER had) and stayed for 3 hours being silly, chatting and getting pictures with Lady Leadfoot.  It was the best "last minute" birthday party I've ever had.

Lady Leadfoot was sitting at the counter reading a romance novel with earplugs in her ears.  She looked like she didn't want to be disturbed.  She looked like she could kill a man wiht her bare hands.  She looked like just the right person to be my next target.  As she was settling her bill, I cornered her and explained to her a bit about my birthday adventures, showed her my to do list and told her that I would love for her to be my number 13.   Well, not only did I get a picture with her, but with her and her Hog and her whole life story.  Lady Leadfoot, who answers to no other name, used to be in the military along with her husband and was touring around visiting some relatives all day on her bike since 730 in the morning.  This was the first time she had eaten all day.  She told me about her family, her work, her travels while our supper was getting cold, and I loved it.  I took some pictures, a couple of videos and tried to edge back  into the restaurant... they should call her Lady Leadlips cuz that gal can talk.

It's so cool how everyone has a story... and everyone wants to tell it.  Even to a perfect stranger from far away asking them to do weird things.  There are so many good sports in this world,  and so many people who just want someone to listen to their stories.  And nobody is ever what they seem to be at all.

I love it.















No comments:

Post a Comment